Today we are going to discuss the issue “Glowing Skin”. We will be considering some of the factors that are necessary for achieving healthy glowing skin.
For skin to be truly glowing, it must first be healthy. Therefore the first step towards achieving glowing skin is to get the skin to be healthy. Therefore, the issue of “achieving glowing looking skin” is actually the same topic of ” how to achieve healthy looking skin”.
So, here are some factors that you might want to consider if your goal is to achieve glowing looking skin
1. Adequate blood circulation
When the skin is properly stimulated, this leads to an increase the flow of blood supply to that particular area. Increase of blood supply of blood supply to the skin actually increases the availability of nutrients to that particular area of the skin. This can cause the skin be look more rejuvenated and produce a natural glow when done properly.
Some ways that you can stimulate the face is by practising regular facial massage either with the hands using lotions, oils or creams or by using certain skincare ingredients that can stimulate increased flow of blood to the skin.
Using a facial massage roller has a positive effect on skin blood flow, which may help improve the appearance of skin.
According to a small 2018 study, people who had a 5-minute facial with a massage roller had increased blood flow to the area for at least 10 minutes after the massage. After 5 weeks of massage, blood flow response to heat was significantly improved.
Regular facial massages not only helps to brighten and rejuvenate the skin , it also helps to relax the nerves and ease out wrinkles, help relieve tension while enhancing relaxation and skin health.
Research from 2018 points to the effectiveness of facial massage with a Pao device in encouraging facial rejuvenation. The facial massage exercise device was shown to boost facial muscle thickness and cross-sectional area in women who used the device for 30 seconds, twice a day for 8 weeks.
You can give yourself a facial massage in the comfort of your home. Before beginning, clean your face and hands. Use a small amount of serum, oil, or cleansing balm so your fingers glide and roll over your skin easily. You can also use the surface of your palm.
Whether you have 5 minutes or an entire hour, you can put together your favorite elements to create an individualized facial massage routine. Repeat each stroke five times or focus on a specific area for 20 to 30 seconds. Use gentle but firm pressure.
Using skincare ingredients that can stimulate increased blood flow to the skin would definitely make a big difference in the way your skin looks.
Some common ingredients that can help to increase supply of oxygen and blood to the oxygen to the skin include vitamin B 12 (Niacinamide) BSN SOLUTION FACE CREAM https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/solution-face-cream/, peppermint essential oils, etc.
We cannot talk enough about the importance of exfoliation in achieving healthy looking skin. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of the skin to reveal brighter looking skin. When the skin is covered with dead skin cells, it’s impossible for it to look bright and vibrant.
Aside from clearing away dry and dead skin, a regular exfoliation habit increases the skin’s radiance, clarity, and youthfulness.
Products with Alpha hydroxyl acid like lactic acid and glycolic acid (BSN GLOW FACE TONER https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/glow-face-toner/ )and Beta Hydroxy Acid like Salicylic acid (BSN CLEAR SKIN SERUM https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/clear-skin-acne-serum/ ) can help with exfoliation.
3. Maintaining a healthy barrier structure
Another factor that is responsible for glowing skin is, an intact barrier structure. When the barrier structure of the skin is intact, the skin can reflect UV rays from its surface effectively, and that actually adds or enhances the skin’s ability to glow because glowing skin reflects light rays.
So when you have a barrier structure that is intact, it’s better able to reflect light away from the skin surface, making the skin to appear glow, compared to skin that has compromised or damaged barrier structure.
Damaged skin barrier structure has tiny holes or crevices, which not only allow moisture to evaporate quickly from from the skin, leaving the skin dry and dehydrated. These tiny crevices also absorb light rays that that fall on the skin rather than reflect giving an impression of dull or lacklustre skin.
Here are some things you can do to improve the barrier structure of your skin:
- Using the right type of moisturiser for your skin. This ensures an adequate amount of humectants and emollients in the skin to protect repair the barrier structure of the skin as well as hydrate the skin, keeping the skin in a healthy state with an intact barrier structure.
- Choosing an appropriate cleanser. Another very important thing that we can do to improve the barrier structure of our skin is to mind the type of cleanser that we use .We want to use gentle cleansers that are pH balanced that do not strip off the natural oils that are on the surface of the skin because this can lead the skin to be dry, irritated and and dehydrated contributing to a damaged barrier structure of the skin.So when looking for good cleansers you want to look for cleansers that are pH balanced and sulphate free. See BSN Deep Cleansing Face Wash a sulphate free, gentle face wash https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/deep-cleansing-face-wash/Sulphates (especially Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) can be very drying and dehydrating especially for dry skin types. So you want to look for mild and gentle skin cleansers that will cleanse the skin without stripping the skin of his natural oils as this can damage the structure of the skin lead to excessive water evaporation from the skin, dryness and dull and lacklustre complexion.
- Facial facial oils. Facial oils helped to seal in moisture from the skin and help to prevent excessive transepidermal water loss from the skin surface. This is especially useful people who live in in the Western culture or in the Western countries during winter when the environment is very cold and dry. Using facial oils on top of your moisturisers can help to protect your skin, give it an added layer of protection that would stop the skin from losing moisture excessively and prevent it from getting dehydrated quickly, which also finally leads back to maintaining the integrity of the skin and making sure that the skin barrier structure is intact and that the skin is working properly. See BSN SOLUTION FACE SERUM https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/solution-serum/
- Finally, using skin brightening ingredients like vitamin C can help to can help to improve the overall tone and complexion of the skin. Skin brightening ingredients help to deal with pigmentation issues and and give the skin an even skin tone which can improve the complexion of the skin.An uneven skin tone and complexion can give an impression of skin that is dull and lacklustre while an even skin tone(achieved by using safe skin brightners on a daily basis) can actually go a long way to improving the overall look and complexion of the skin and give the skin a general appearance of an even nice tome that is able to reflect light making the skin appear glowy.Some common skin care ingredients that can be used on a daily basis includes skin brighteners like vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Licorice extracts, etc. See BSN VITAMIN C SERUM WITH TRANEXAMIC ACD with skin brightening properties https://bareskinnaturals.com/item/vitamin-c-with-tranexamic-acid-serum
So in summary, I would like to say that achieving glowing looking skin is definitely possible, however, it does take a lot of work and a lot of commitment as well as paying careful attention to what we are putting on our skin.
We also need to pay attention to our skin to know what it needs at every point in time, as our skin needs change during different seasons, or stages in our life.
Achieving glowing looking skin is a function or a byproduct of healthy skin. There is no need trying to achieve glowing skin, when we have not taken the steps to ensure that we are achieving healthy skin.
Therefore, when our skin is healthy, then it is very much on its way to being glowy.
Glowing skin is one step away from healthy skin, therefore the aim and the objective should be to achieve healthy skin using healthy skincare practices.
Working together with our skin types, and conditions not against it!