The truth is that there really has to be something special about Vitamin c serums, and I say this because they are easily, the most popular skin care serums around. The plethora of Viatmin C serums in the market and the fact that almost every skincare brand has one, lends to the importance of vitamin c in the skincare industry.
However, another obvious truth is that NOT all Vitamin C Serums are created equal, sone of them are winners while some just simply don’t cut it! Your experience will pretty much depend on which category of Vitamin C serum you have used.
Here are a few facts about Vitamin C serum that you need to be aware of:
- Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that helps to reduce or neutralise the effect of skin stressors, that can cause our skin to look less than its best, It supports the stimulation of collagen in the skin, giving us a firmer younger looking skin, brightens the skin and also acts like an anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Topical application of vitamin C is necessary to provide the skin with the essential benefits of vitamin C, as dietary Vitamin C is almost inaccessible to the skin tissues.
- The gold standard for Vitamin C is L’ascorbic acid, however this compound is highly unstable and reacts to light, air and heat, making it difficult to be used in formulations commercially.
- Due to the importance of Vitamin C in skincare and the amount of research that has been put into producing more stable forms of the compound, there are many different derivates of vitamin c, that are more stable than L’ascorbic acid, however, with varying degrees of success.
- Vitamin C is best used in serum form for better performance compared to other products like creams etc.
When buying a Vitamin C serum, there are different things to look out for, such as the other components of the products, the type of vitamin C derivative used, concentration of Vitamin C, Ph level, etc.
People with sensitive skin may benefit more from using other derivates of Vitamin C first, before trying out serums with L’ascorbic acid, due to the low PH value.
Here at Bareskinnatural, we really take special care in formulating our Vitamin C serums, because we know first hand, how very effective a well formulated Vitamin C serum can be, and also the difference it can make to the skin.
We have 2 types of Vitamin C:
- The 15% Vitamin C with L’ascorbic Acid
- The Vitamin C with Tranexamic Acid ( contains Ethyl ascorbic acid as Vitamin C)
Here are a few benefits of using our Vitamin C serum:
- Oil Control
- Anti-acne and Anti Inflammation
- Evening out skin tone and reducing spots
- Dark spots
- Sensitive skin
- Postoperative care after laser, pulsed light treatment
Who can use Vitamin C serum?
Anyone from age 14years upwards
How to use Vitamin C serum?
Use daily, in the morning after washing your face.
Vitamin C serum worn under sunscreen helps to boost the sun protection factor of the suncreen making it more effective.
To buy our Vitamin C serum