Here are 5 inexpensive things you can do to improve the appearance of your skin without breaking a bank and still notice some really good results.
- Skincare products are great and a very useful way to protect and keep the skin looking good, however, we need to remember that our skin is a living tissue and also need oxygen and an opportunity to “breathe”……….. Allowing your skin some time every day to breathe by not applying any products on our skin after washing our skin is a very good way to oxygenate the skin and give the pores opportunity to “breathe”
- The skin has a network of veins and arteries that help to supply oxygen and nourishment to the skin internally.
A good skin circulation will ensure that the skin is getting adequate nourishment and supply of oxygen as well has efficient removal of wastes from the skin.
Massaging the skin is one way to improve skin circulation. You can give your face a gentle massage when washing by slowly going in circles and upwards towards the cheek when cleansing or when yo are moisturising.
This can improve blood circulation and make a difference in your skin tone.
- Ingrown hairs can be a major cause of acne along the jaw line, if you experience this sort of acne, then its important to get rid of the ingrown hairs using a sterilised pin to extract the hair and then taking it out with a tweezer.
- Exfoliating your skin at least once a week is very important especially as we get older to help us remove the dead topmost layer of our skin, in order to reveal, the newer fresher skin beneath. Exfoliating at least once a week using a gentle exfoliant that will not tear or abrade your skin is one sure way of improving your complexion.
There are so many ways to achieve this either by using chemical exfoliants like AHAs or by using physical scrubs. When using scrubs, avoid using coarse or gritty ones that can abrade the skin. Choose gentle, finer powders like finely ground oatmeal, finely ground rice powder, walnut seed powder, etc.
Never use salt or sugar scrubs on your face as the granules may be too coarse, gritty or harsh for your face, use these instead on your body.
- Apply a face mask at lease once a week. Face masks are a great way to rejuvenate our skins from the outside and can have very many beneficial effects on the skin, https://bareskinnaturals.com/helpful-tips/face-masks/. you can make a mask with most nourishing food ingredient syou have in your pantry based on what you need.
For a brightening mask you can make a paste with dry milk or yogurts and apply directly on your face and wash out after 15mins .
Mashed pawpaw can provide mild exfoliation and improved complexion
Bananas can help with dry dull skin.
Lemons for brighter looking skin, but with caution.. See this post on lemon and skincare https://bareskinnaturals.com/helpful-tips/lemons-and-dark-skin/
While clay and activated charcoal can help detoxify and deep cleanse.
Try these tips and see what difference they make.
You can also drop a comment in our comment section below to share your results with us!